The Canadian Maple Leaf Silver Bullion Coin was launched by the Royal Canadian Mint in 1988 and is issued yearly. Containing one ounce of 99.99% fine silver, they are the purest silver legal tender coins in the world, and guaranteed by the Government of Canada for weight and purity. By late 2010, over 40 million quantities have been sold worldwide. They are also among the most recognized coins worldwide.
The face value of the 1 oz coin is $5 Canadian dollars, the highest value among international silver bullion coins. The purity of the coin is 99.99% silver, also the highest among other bullion issues which have a 99.90% standard. The coin’s content, weight and purity are guaranteed by the Canadian Government making the silver maple leaf highly desirable by investors and collectors alike.
Canadian Maple Leaf Silver Bullion Coin are packaged by the mint in distinctive yellow plastic boxes termed as, “Monster Boxes”. These monster boxes are sealed by the Royal Canadian Mint in their Winnipeg facility. Sealed monster boxes allow for a faster and easier resell process and contain 20 tubes of 25 maple leafs each for a total of 500 coins. Multiples of 500 coins per order will be delivered as sealed monster boxes.
The 2016 1 oz Canadian Silver Maple Leaf was struck from one troy ounce of .9999 pure silver by the Royal Canadian Mint. This silver bullion coin has new cutting edge security measures implemented by the RCM. These security features include a micro-engraved laser mark which incorporates part of the mintage year. This mark incorporates the number 15 inside a textured maple leaf. The 2016 silver maple leaf struts a new security enhanced finish which is applied to both sides of the coin. This finish creates of a pattern of radial lines struck with a special width and pitch to provide a light-diffracting pattern. These technical advancements add to the allure of the 2016 1 oz Canadian Silver Maple Leaf. The Government of Canada guarantees the purity, weight and legal tender of the Silver Maples.
* One of most liquidated, highly demanded and widely recognized government minted coins globally
* Comes with complimentary Original Canadian Mint Protective Tube Casing (25 oz)
* Original Canadian Mint Sealed Monster Box Packaging (500 oz)
* Legal Tender Value of $5 CAD
* Highest Legal Tender Value among-st all 1 oz government minted coins
* High 99.99% silver purity content
* Internationally recognized
* London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) approved refiners
* Product exempted of 7% GST charges
* Produced and manufactured by Canadian government’s: Royal Canadian Mint
* Backed by Government of Canada
* Cutting edge security measures