The Canadian Maple Leaf gold bullion coin continues its tradition as one of the most recognized and competitively priced gold coins available. The Maple Leaf was the world’s first pure gold bullion coin when it was introduced in 1979. Struck at the Royal Canadian Mint in 99.99% pure gold, today the 24 Karats gold Maple Leaf, along with the other Maples in platinum and silver, are recognized and traded all around the world over.
Starting for the first mintage in 1979 by the highly regarded Canadian Royal Mint, the Maple Leaf 1oz gold coin instantly became a success, being in high demand for both investors and collectors. This 24 Karats gold coin is the official bullion gold coin of the Canadian government with a guaranteed face value of CAD $50. The coin’s content, weight and purity are guaranteed by the Canadian Government making the gold maple leaf highly desirable around the world.
The first, and currently the only, 1 oz 99.99% pure gold in content the Canadian Maple Leaf Gold Coin comes with visual Security Feature launched by the Royal Canadian Mint, this 2013 coin marks the debut of a new anti-counterfeiting measure for the Gold Maple Leaf. Using a special laser, the Royal Canadian Mint micro-engraves a tiny textured maple leaf on the reverse of each coin, with the last two digits of the year of mintage in the center which is visible only under magnification. The laser mark will change annually to feature the last two digits of each corresponding year of issue.
The release of the 2016 1 oz Gold Canadian Maple Leaf sets yet another benchmark for high quality standards in the bullion coin market. The Royal Canadian Mint struck this coin from one troy ounce of .9999 pure gold. In fact, the RCM uses a new security feature on this 1 oz Maple Leaf. The security feature consists of micro-engraving the number 15 inside a textured maple leaf. The RCM has a growing reputation for its excellence in coinage and its high technological advancements.
* One of most liquidated, highly demanded and widely recognised government minted coins globally
* Engraved with latest Visual Security Feature for premium security against counterfeiting
* Legal Tender Value of $50 CAD
* High 99.99% gold purity content
* 24 Karat Gold content
* Internationally recognised
* London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) approved refiners
* Product exempted of 7% GST charges
* Produced and manufactured by Canadian government’s: Royal Canadian Mint
* Backed by Government of Canada
* First Design is circulated in 1979
* New Security Feature