The Gold Kangaroo is one of the most popular gold coins in Australia’s gold bullion series. Considered legal tender under Australia’s Currency Act of 1965, Gold Kangaroos were first introduced in 1986 and, thanks to annually-changing designs, this 2014 series have grown to be one of the most highly acclaimed coins issued by the Mint.
For more than 112 years, The Perth Mint has produced some of the world’s finest gold and silver bullion since its establishment in 1899. Crafted out of 99.99% fine gold, the weight and purity of each Gold Kangaroo is backed and guaranteed by the Australian government. Each beautiful coin arrives in its original mint capsule for safe, long-term storage.
In October 2011, The Perth Mint, Australia’s historic precious metals Mint, has achieved a record-breaking triumph with the successful casting of the world’s largest gold bullion coin, the “One Tonne Gold Kangaroo Bullion Coin”. The coin broke the record for the biggest and most valuable coin ever produced, and features a red kangaroo on the obverse.
Made from one tonne of 99.99% pure gold, the giant coin is a magnificent Australian icon symbolising one of the Mint’s most extraordinary accomplishments in its 112 year history. It measures nearly 80 centimetres wide and over 12 centimetres thick. It has Australian legal tender status. And at one tonne (1,000kg), it’s the biggest, heaviest, inherently most valuable gold bullion coin in the world.
* Same coin series produced as World’s Largest Gold Coin (1 Tonne) in 2011
* High 99.99% gold purity content
* 24 Karat Gold content
* Internationally recognised
* Comes with complimentary Clear Protective Casing
* Legal Tender Value of $100 AUD
* DIstinctive design of Kangaroo easily recognised as Australia’s Finest Coin
* One of highest liquidity and popular gold coins of Australia
* London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) approved refiners
* Product exempted of 7% GST charges
* Produced and manufactured by Australian government’s: The Perth Mint
* Backed by Government of Australia
* Collectors Favourite with new Kangaroo designs every year
* First Design is circulated in 1986
* Ideal for gifts and souvenirs